Saturday, August 1, 2009

Time Flies!

I didn’t realize it had been two weeks since my last post. It’s so easy to get caught up in “real life,” but that’s not all bad, is it?

Summer with no classes to teach leaves me with more time to garden, read good books, and fantasize! (giggle)

My SO and I have been together for almost five years, and I have to admit that my fantasizing has been less since he’s been in my life. No other lover has left me as satisfied as he does, and thus I always had that craving that wasn’t fulfilled.

That doesn’t mean I don’t fantasize at all anymore! Oh, no! It’s just that my fantasies are no longer what I do to reach a climax. Now they are just sexy stories I write or think about to pass the time away on a lazy summer afternoon.

The summer temperatures here never get much above 80 degrees, but a tall glass of iced green tea is still a delight. I remember having that in Japan one summer back in the mid-60s and it’s been my “refresher” ever since.

My post doesn’t have a theme this week, so I thought I’d share some of my summer fun with you. I just finished reading Shanghai Girls by Lisa See. If you haven’t read it, please do. It is one of the best fictionalized versions of Chinese history between the mid-30s and today. Maybe it’s because I lived in California during some of the years this book spans, but I couldn’t put it down.

I’ve also been reading The Fire, the sequel to Kathryn Neville’s The Eight. I recommend that you start with The Eight and then go to The Fire. She has written two other books that you probably would find intriguing – The Magic Circle and Calculated Risk. Her books all integrate at least three eras in ways you would least suspect. She writes the way I’d like to write!

I’ve written several novels but I've never sent them in to see if they are publishable. The problem is that no matter what I write, the subject matter always seems to migrate towards kinky sex! Now what does that say about me?? I’m sure no publisher would accept my kind of writing. Even my murder mysteries end up in sexual scenes.

What are you reading this summer?

PW - 'Kinky' is a relative concept.

1 comment:


  1. Don't sell yourself short. Publishers and agents are like the rest of us and tastes vary. If you think you have a book in you work up a great proposal and see what happens. The worst that could happen is that you are right where you are now. The best that could happen - well, the sky is the limit.

    As for your book recommendations, I am a voracious reader but I don't do fiction. There are an unlimited number of great works of non-fiction that read like novels and I find them even more gripping when I know they are real. (Plus, I get to learn sooo much while being entertained.)

    I'm going to soon be launching a sort of book review club on my blog and offering free books to bloggers willing to read them and write a short review (which I will post along with a little promo and link for the reviewer each time).

    The books will be electronic versions (mostly PDFs) of various types of books and I have access to thousands of titles and dozens of subjects so the reviewers will get to choose what they would like to read and review (everything from romance and erotica to reference books will be available).

    If you would be interested in doing some reviews let me know as I would love to have you. Umm ... I mean ... ahhh ... have you review books. heck, you know what I mean, right? (And if you are reading this Tiggr, you know what I mean, too, right sweetums?)

    Let me know if you are interested and pass it along to anyone you think might also like to take part. This is the first time I have mentioned this anywhere outside of my own home, but your post topic made me think of it so I figured I'd start by asking you.
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ☼☼☼Dante☼☼☼
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


    ReplyDelete