Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Grateful Tuesday – The Letter “D”

Well, I’m getting into this Gratitude Alphabet late, but D is a good letter for a beginning. Thanks to Andrade’s Girl who guided me to Grace who began this whole thing! We all have so much to be grateful for – and here is my list, in absolutely no particular order.

Daddy – I was always close to him from the earliest I can remember, and even though he’s been dead now for forty years, I still think of him often. He would have been 100 years old this summer.

Dolls – They were made just for “little girls” to play with an love.

Dell Computers – Without my laptop that goes everywhere with me, how could all this wonderful blogging take place?

Desk – Even as messy as it is, it’s my mess! I love every single pile of papers, every plugged in electronic, every pile of pens, and even my to-do pile.

Down comforter – It’s not too heavy, not too light, it’s just right!

Digital camera – It records my life and enables me to produce my “real life” blog.

Diet – I love to eat, and finding the right diet that would enable me to eat and still keep the weight off was a challenge. I did it!

Dogs – I don’t have one because I’m never home and I don’t have a fence, but I love big dogs with a deep bark. When I can, I’ll get a big dog, maybe a Dane or Mastiff!

Dentist – Yes, I love my dentist! He takes good care of my teeth, gives me an orchid spray every time I go in, and he never fusses at me.

Diary – I would miss too many appointments if I didn’t have my diary handy. I have one on my pda, one on my laptop, and one in a zippered binder that I actually write in with a pen! (Remember pens??) LOL I also use my diary to tell about things that have already taken place, my thoughts about them, and sometimes I add pictures.

Daisies – They say “spring” to me!

Diapers – Not the disposable kind, but the soft old-fashioned kind made of cloth that you had to pin on with cute diaper pins.

Dill – I love the scent of dill, and everything that can be made of dill, like pickles.

Drawing – A piece of charcoal or a soft pencil can be tucked in my pocket and taken with me. No camera that suddenly loses its charge is required to help with my memory of a special occasion.

Dates – I like both the kind you eat and the kind you go on with your honey! I believe that the longer someone is in your life, the more you need to remember to go on dates, and maybe feed them a date milkshake!

Doilies – I have a collection that were crocheted by my great-grandmother. They are beautiful, intricate and very special.

Dildos – Dare I mention these? They do come in handy when my honey can’t be home!

Dancing – I’m not a very good dancer, but I used to love square dancing, twirling and showing my petticoat and ruffled pantaloons. I remember one time that we square danced 24-hours straight! Wore through a couple pairs of slippers!

DVDs – I’m not much of a TV watcher, but I do love watching old classics as well as some of the newer movies I missed. They are handy to have around when you can’t sleep at night and you don’t have someone to snuggle up against.

Delete button – Don’t you wish there was a “delete” on some of the more undesirable aspects of our lives? Many of our mistakes could be handled with expediency!

Discipline – Not just any discipline, of course, but one primary one – spanking!

Daytime – As long as it is daylight, I don’t get too morose. But by evening time, I start to get lonely, anxious, depressed and in the doldrums (not two Ds I’m grateful for!)

Dreams – Dreams are wonderful. As a therapist, I do a lot of dream work and they are so revealing.

Dialogue – It’s a primary way to communicate with another person, especially if we are truly listening to what that other person is saying and responding empathetically.

Dictionary – I love to look up words to find their meanings and their origins. It’s a constant resource for education.

December – The month of December brings joyful holidays and a break from teaching. It signifies the end of a year and the anticipation of a new one coming soon.

Dried peas and beans – So many delicious meals come from such lowly edibles.

Dom – Oh, how I love my Dominant lover! He is the light of my life, my guide in many ways, and we are a perfect match.

Dessert – After a meal, I need a little sweet something to finish off. After a spanking, the dessert is good sex.

Desert – I lived in the Arizona desert for many years, now by the ocean. There is something very similar between the two – the vastness, the hidden life, a sense of awe, a salty smell.

Diva – I love music and consider myself to be moderately talented, but to be a Diva would be sublime!

Daughters – I have two of them! Absolutely delightful, delicious, darling grown daughters! How I would ever survive without them in my life, I’ll never know.

iDish – I get a wide range of music, British mysteries and comedies, cooking shows, and a smattering of news when I’m in the mood. Much of my work is at home, and mostly my Dish stays turned off, but occasionally it’s good background noise.

Derrieres – You can call them all sorts of things, but they are so much fun to pinch, watch, and spank (although I am always on the receiving end).

PW - 'Kinky' is a relative concept.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Purple Woman:
    That is a fantastic list, you put so many great items, that I forgot about.
    Take care
    AG

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun! I'm sorry I didn't get to start at the beginning of the alphabet!
    PW

    ReplyDelete