Sunday, February 22, 2009

Little Georgie

Today is supposed to be George Washington’s birthday, only it isn’t! I read somewhere that because of switching between the Julian and Gregorian calendars, all the dates got messed with. Anyway, we still think of February 22 as his birthday and I guess we always will, especially those of us who are old enough to remember getting that day off from school.

Combining my thoughts about George Washington with my constant thoughts about spanking, I began to wonder if he got spanked for cutting down his father’s prized cherry tree? I know he is supposed to have been praised because he was honest about it, but I can’t imagine any parent of his day letting that go.

That took my thoughts to other fantasies and I began to wonder how many presidents either spanked their spouse or vice versa? Interesting thought, isn’t it? I love thinking about how it would feel to be over the lap of some of them. There are a few who were rather good candidates for being a spanker.

Todd and Suzy over at A.S.S. have a “Should Be Spanker” contest going on and their Week #3 category is “politicians.” That contest should be fun, and while that’s going on, I’m just having way too much fun imagining myself over the laps of our own forty-four presidents, past and present.

Because I have always loved older men, it hasn’t been difficult to imagine myself over any one of their laps. I especially like to think of those old guys with their beards and top hats, still dressed in their wool suits as they pull me over the knee.

Of course, I imagine myself in the dress of the day, so that it’s ruffled pantaloons that are being pushed down to provide the best surface for their smacks. Sometimes the wives are there to witness my shame and disgrace, or to even hold onto my feet so I don’t kick too much.

I haven’t quite figured out my role with them, but given my love of the “Daddy/little girl” scenario, I am probably one of their children or grandchildren who has spilled the milk at table, or sassed the hired help.

I love my mental images of life in olden days, when spanking your family members (old and young) was considered not only appropriate, but necessary, in order to maintain a balanced household.

I won’t mention the names of any specific presidents, but just start with #1 and think your way through all of them, right down to the current White House occupant and imagine the Purple Woman over their laps. Or better yet, imagine yourself there! Isn’t it fun to be naughty?

Happy Birthday, Georgie Porgie, puddin’ ‘n’ pie…who spanked the girls and made them cry…!

PW - “A gentleman is someone who raises his hat before he beats his wife.”- British joke (ca. 1920)

3 comments:

  1. ROFL!!!!! Great post! Makes you wonder, doesn't it? I'm sure that back in the days of many of those great men, they wouldn't have spanked over their laps but rather been taken to the woodshed for a good belt thrashing or caning or switching.

    Hmmm... my mind's all a-flutter now! Just imagine being bent over Honest Abe's lap... I just watched a two-hour special on him the other night and he's one of the greatest ever.

    Gotta love tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!! A woodshed for certain! Yes, that sets me to a-flutterin', too!! LOL I've seen some retro photos of young girls being spanked or belted or switched in front of the rest of the household. I imagine that's how it would have happened! Whew! It gets hot in here, doesn't it?
    PW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, you have a very nice blog here. If you like we could exchange links betwen our sites.

    Let me know!

    Best Regards!!!

    ReplyDelete