Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Grateful Tuesday - The Letter "E"

I didn’t think I’d be able to think of anything beginning with “E,” but suddenly the words started to come.

Envelopes – I especially am grateful when the ones without the little cellophane windows don’t outnumber the other envelopes! I do love getting hand-addressed envelopes because it usually indicates that they came from someone I know and love.

Encyclopedias – This goes along with my “dictionary” from last week in the letter D. I like learning and encyclopedias are so educational! LOL I had a friend eons ago who always carried one in his briefcase to read when he had a few extra moments.

Energy – Something I normally have plenty of, except when I’m sick! It helps me to get through a long day.

Eyes – Mine need glasses to see and I’ve had two successful cataract operations. If my eyes fail me, I’m in a desperate situation.

Ears – I can’t forget my ears, even though they don’t really work as well as they used to. It’s one of the hazards of being over 40! LOL

Etudes – These studious little numbers give my fingers exercise at the piano.

Exercise – The etudes reminded me of other forms of exercise, too – like walking and working in my garden.

Eggplant – I know not everyone loves them, but I adore them however they are prepared –in a Mediterranean dish I make with olive oil, onions, and tomatoes, and also as baba ganoush with fresh pita, or simply sliced and coated with cornmeal before frying.

Easter – This is a joyous time of year, reminds me of getting a new dress every year, specifically made for Easter Sunday and the Easter Bonnet Parades.

England – Oh, how I love walking the streets of London, or driving through the Cotswolds, visiting the historic places.

Eating – This wouldn’t be complete without mentioning one of my favorite activities. I’ve always had to watch my weight, not because I eat junk food, but I like too much of the healthy stuff!

Elves – Sometimes I swear I can see them dancing around in joyful anticipation of what I’m going to do next. They don’t trust me a whole lot, so they don’t show themselves often.

Eagles – When I lived in Alaska, we had some of the most regal birds flying around us. Even in Arizona, an eagle landed on a branch outside my home office window next to a brilliant red cardinal. Took my breath away!

Elk – The stately elk is another creature that we saw in Alaska. My husband at the time went elk hunting, not as sport, but to feed our family for the year.

Earth – This is my favorite planet on which to spend my life. It’s the only one we have, so we need to take good care of our Mother.

Earrings – I don’t feel dressed when I forget to put on earrings in the morning. It simply “makes” the outfit! And I like big dangling ones – none of those tiny little things for me, except in the extra piercings up my ear.

ESP – I’m not sure any of us have it, but don’t you sometimes wonder?

Erotica – Yeah, who would have thought?? LOL

Enthusiasm – This is a great word and comes from two Greek words – en meaning “with” and theos meaning God. Have you ever been accused of being too enthusiastic

Education – That’s the profession I’m committed to. No matter what ills or evils walk this planet, most could be cured with more education.

Erasers – How could we live without these?? They come right up there with the “delete” button I mentioned last week. Do you remember those pink rectangles we each had in school?

Erection – Can’t forget that! (giggle) Maybe it should have been first on my list, but I write these as I think of them.

Egg Foo Yong – A wonderful reason for going to a Chinese restaurant.

Electricity – There are times when I would love to go back to oil lamps, but who could really give it up entirely these days? Many of my neighbors have solar energy, and I’m planning on installing it before long.

Elegance – There’s something about a touch of elegance no matter what you are doing or wearing or pretending.

Elizabethan Era – Perhaps this goes along with my love of anything English. I’m a true Anglophile, but I particularly love Shakespeare and Elizabethan dress.

Environment – Something else we need to take good care of.

Empathy – This needs to be strong among those of us who love being over a lap, because we are the only ones who really understand each other.

2 comments:

  1. Great list - I particularly liked eagles & empathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Purple Woman...you came up with so many great things! Envelopes couldn't live without those..and I love Eggplant! Empathy...elegance and erection...all excellent ones. Great list...Happy Gratituesday.
    Take care
    AG

    ReplyDelete