Thursday, March 26, 2009

Is Being Green Always Good?

In the midst of all this weekly gratitude, I’m having a “green-eyed monster” attack. Why do we think we shouldn’t ever feel envy – or to put it more precisely, why am I not allowed to be insanely jealous occasionally??

My SO is legally bound to another, but what we have is not a new situation. We’ve been together for many years, and while I’ve grown accustomed to my role with him, occasionally I really hate it.

I know it wouldn’t be the same if we were to be together all the time. I suspect we would end up like many other couples – not happy in our monogamy and looking for ways to get out of it all, but I do long for the part of him that is not mine to have.

This feeling, too, shall pass, I suppose.

PW - “Freedom spoils a good wife.”- Russian proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment