Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grateful Tuesday - The Letter "F"

Oh boy! This could prove to be a Fantastic letter! There are many things for which I am grateful, but the first few are my Favorites.

Fantasy – If it wasn’t for this, I probably wouldn’t even go near the second one.

Fucking – Yep! It’s right up there near the top of the list.

Figging – If you haven’t tried it, don’t knock it!

Feathers – And everything they can be used for – quills, tickling, decorating, fashion.

Farming – Feathers remind me that I have wonderful hens that provide me with beautiful and fresh eggs every day. I have friends who come get the feathers to use for earrings.

February – I’m grateful for February because it’s a short month and sends signals that Spring is coming soon!

Fathers – I was very close to mine, and I think Fathers are often underrated.

Family – I love my kids, and their kids! They get me through a lot of life’s traumas.

Friends – I am so grateful for my friends – especially when they don’t give up on me.

Fans – There are fans who keep me going, who send me fan letters, who make up my fan club. And there are the antique fans I collect. One is carved ivory, one comes from a Geisha in Japan, one is black lace, one is from China during WW II, and on and on. I also love the old paper fans we used in rural churches as a kid.

Flowers – I blog about gardening (you’d never guess which one!) and flowers are in my heart and soul.

Fuchsia – There is the flower with its sexy hanging blooms, and there is the color fuchsia that makes me feel extra sexy when I wear it.

Faces – Each one is different and attractive in its own way. I love examining a face up close. Feet – I’m so grateful for my feet! They take me wherever I need to go, hold me upright, and I love my painted toenails.

Fabrics – I could get lost in a fabric store, feeling the textures, seeing the colors, envisioning what can be done with them.

Foodnetwork – one of the few TV channels I ever watch, but when I do, I love it! Fables – I write fables to use with my clients and students. They help us to see issues inside that might stay hidden otherwise.

Fireplaces – I don’t have one now, and I really miss it. There is nothing like making love in front of a low Flame sending out warmth, or snuggling up by one with a good book.

Fish and chips – Oh my! Do I need to say anything else? There’s nothing like going to a pub in England, holding a platter in your hands with the fish sticking out over each end of the newspaper, and sprinkling it with malt vinegar.

Fishing – Speaking of “fish and chips,” I just love fishing, period. Love to feel that tug on the end of my line.

Fly fishing – Of course, one of my favorite ways to fish is with a fly rod. Even a small fish feels like it’s fifty pounds when it hits your fly.

Festivals and Faires – Don’t you just love the Renaissance Faires and Festivals?

Falafel – I’ve eaten some of the best on the streets of Jerusalem, stuffed into a large pita along with French fries, lettuce and tomato (believe it or not)!

Flutes – One of my favorite instruments in an orchestra or band.

French Horn – This is my very favorite instrument in an orchestra or band. I played this instrument starting in third grade and all the way through college. Later, I joined community bands to play.

Flamingos – They are so cute they look fake. They are an icon of Florida.

Florida – I’ve lived there, my brother lives there now, and not everyone there is a member of the blue-rinse crowd!

Faith – This carries me through whatever I face.

France – I’ve never been there, but I want to go. French was the first language I learned in school, and after that, I spoke all other languages I learned with a French accent! Maybe one day I’ll get there.

Flavor – I am so grateful for the difference in flavor of music, food, style, art, everything.

Fool – I usually have a hard time putting up with fools, but the Fool in the Tarot is inspiring. That Fool is the one who fears nothing, moves forward, tries anything, and is up for adventure.

Flesh – I love the feel of flesh next to me when I go to sleep at night.

Fog – Fog can be scary when you’re out on the ocean in a sailboat and can’t see if you’re going to hit the shoreline, but the sound of a Foghorn makes my stomach quiver, the sight of fog when I’m safe on shore is soothing in many ways.

Funny – I am so grateful I can laugh at myself when life turns funny on me.

Fruit – I love all fruit!

Four-letter words – I’m giggling at this one, because I use them all when appropriate, and I even am grateful for words like “love” or “work!”

Free – “Free” is nice to find in this economy.

Future – Gratitude for the future because if we didn’t have a future to look forward to, life would be dreadful.

No comments:

Post a Comment